If you're thinking of starting a new Virginia limited liability company for your business, there are several steps involved. The order of completing them is important so the following list is both what you should do and when you should do it:
- Clear your desired name (meaning make sure it's available and not an infringement of someone else's name)
- Prepare and file Articles of Organization with the Virginia State Corporation Commission
- Prepare and sign an Operating Agreement
- Get an EIN (Employer Identification Number) from the IRS for your new LLC (don't use your social security number for business purposes, even if allowed)
- Obtain any required County or City business licenses (check with the local government office where you're located)
- Start doing business!
Doing these things in the correct order means you won't have to redo them.
We can help you with as little or as much of the process as you like. All of our options for helping you start your new Virginia LLC can be found here.Spread the Word